Thursday, December 11, 2008

My Idea of a Merry Christmas



1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Please, gift bags with little kids? That has to be a joke. Besides more presents fit under the tree if they are wrapped. Bags take tons of room.

2. Hardest person to buy for? Caitlin. She has great taste but is very selective so I am always worried she won't like it but won't say anything.

3. Easiest person to buy for? Ryan. I could by tons of stuff because he is so easy to please and so easy to dress. He looks dang hot in everything. Why didn't I get the skinny gene?

4. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes, Willow Tree. I love it. Probably my favorite and most expensive Christmas Decoration. It is currently my only Willow Tree not superglued back together in some way. We will see if it survives this Christmas. My hopes are not high.



5. Favorite Christmas Movie? White Christmas, Meet Me in St. Louis, Polar Express, Elf.


6. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Do I have money? If yes, I would love to travel to see my dad, if not, I like being at home. I guess both places are home. So home.


7. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer's? Umm...yes, but I have to sing the opening to Rudolph to be able to remember. On dasher, and dancer, and prancer, and vixen. On comet, and cupid, and donner, and blitzen, but do you recall, the most famous reindeer of all. Rudolph the red nose reindeer.



8. Favorite ornament theme or color? Red Red Red, sparkly red red red. I love to decorate with red. Check out my whole downstairs.



9. What do you want for Christmas this year? A flat screen tv so I can have my living room space back. But since that is not a possibility, for my kids to be as excited for their presents as I was to get them for them.

10. Eggnog or Hot Chocolate? Eww...not eggnog. Egg slime in a cup disguised with cinnamon. sick. Hot chocolate is awesome, with peppermint candy canes in it.

11. Does Santa wrap presents or sit them under the tree? Wraps, and then they magically appeared on Christmas morning.


12. When do you put your decorations up? Why, the week of Thanksgiving of course! The longer to enjoy them.


13. Favorite Holiday memory as a child? My mom and Grandma making gingerbread boys for our stockings, and then the year after they died, my awesome Dad who stayed up late making them so that his kids wouldn't lose their tradition. What a lovely thing to do. He doesn't get enough credit for how hard it must have been.

14. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? I have two. One is my pretty tree. Currently it has a red and red sprkly theme some santa thrown in with white lights, last year it was silver and blue with all sorts of snowflakes and icecicles. The other has the family ornaments and the special ornaments that kids have picked out. still white lights however. Caden has one in his room that has all the unbreakable and ugly ornaments on it. he loves it. It stays up all the way through January.




15. Snow! Love it or Dread it? Love it, Love it, wish it would snow already here in Utah.


16. Can you ice skate? Of course. Ryan and I went Ice skating on our first official date. This is Kenna and I cruisin' the rink.


17. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Jesus Christ, Christmas songs about Christ's birth, and family, and family, and family, and Christmas lights and Christmas Decorations.




18. What is your favorite holiday dessert? hmmm...fudge, cereal candy, cookies, german pancakes

19. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Pajamas on Christmas eve, making sugar cookies and caroling and delivering them on Christmas eve was my favorite growing up. We would complain all day about making the cookies (so my dad would make them) then complain about frosting them, (and then we would and then eat the rest of the frosting with a spoon) and then complain about going out in the cold (and then have a blast doing it).

20. What tops your tree? Currently nothing, had a star last year, but no longer matches the tree, so we are still searching for the perfect thing.



21. Which do you prefer giving or receiving? Well who on earth is going to say recieving, that is a trick question to make you look bad, or make you look like a liar. Every one likes to get stuff, but if you say yes, recieving, you look selfish, and of course you have to say giving so you look good. I do like finding the perfect gift and the reaction, but I will be honest and say I like getting presents too!


22. What is your favorite Christmas Song? White Christmas, I'll be home for Christmas, First Noel, who are we kidding, ask me which ones I don't like. That one is shorter.

23. Candy Canes! Yuck or Yum? Love them, love them, but not all the funky flavors. the red and white are classic.

3 comments:

Caitlin said...

So cute! I'm glad you're finally "back in business!" By the way, I am not the hardest person to buy for! I LOVE LOVE LOVE the candle sticks you got me!

Kristi said...

A girl after my own heart, I love love love Christmas!

kim said...

I love your posts-you have such a good sense of humor. I also let Logan and Kylie have a tree and they too, have the ugly ornaments. You should check out our blog at www.kimjonluck.blogspot.com. Merry Christmas!
Kim