Sunday, April 19, 2009

Day 3

Dear Ryco78

I didn't sleep so well last night
Because of my lobster look alike legs.

Ugh.
Why do I burn
Instead of toasting lovely and golden
Like lucky lucky you.

We went back to beautiful St. Augustine today.

There was a lovely antique shop.
With a lovely red pedestal cake plate.
It was love at first look.
It even matches a plate I have.

Lucky for our bank account,
I was able to walk away.
(the over inflated price helped break it's power over me)
But I was sad as I walked away and left it.

We toured Flagler College today.
It used to be a hotel for the über rich.
You know, like us.
Yeah right.
Anyway.

The windows were made by Tiffany


And the lights and clocks were done personally by Thomas Edison.
The windows in the building alone are worth 20 million.
The chairs in the dining area are worth $12,000 a piece.

Let me tell you,
I would not be letting anyone
put their bum in a chair that is worth $12,000.
Let alone college students eating lunch.


I had another waffle cone,
it was just as amazing as the first one.
Really amazing.


We also went to see the lighthouse.
Very cool.

Rachel says that she and Kevan stayed there in a bed and breakfast
and it came with a carriage ride tour of the city
and sparkling cider
and breakfast in bed.
WE MUST DO THIS.
You would love this town.
I sure did.
I was sad that we had to leave.

Tomorrow
is relaxing day for me.
Back at Rachel's.
A little sewing, a little reading, possibly a little shopping.
And of course...


Jeremiah's.
Strawberry Pina Colada Gelatto.
My mouth is already watering.

Now to bed.

I misses your kisses.

2 comments:

Ruthykins said...

i'm sad that you didn't get the dish. i realize that ultimately it's up to you, but i really like the pictures of your red glass collection, and feel that would have been a nice addition. too bad for the price. stupid money!

Brittany and Johnse said...

Sounds like you are having tons of fun! enjoy the sunshine and I am sorry you burned :( Take lots of pictures to share with us when you get back...