Monday, March 23, 2009

Feliz Cumpleanos a mi!

So it was my 29th Birthday.

Directly after Toddler Gym
Holly, Cait, and Rachel took me out to lunch at the Olive Garden


This is what a table looks like when 4 Adults and 6 Kids eat there.
It was so good.
And what is a birthday at a restaurant
without the embarrassing chorus of waiters singing to you.


At least they brought Black Tie Mousse Cake.
I have learned in my old age,
not to tell people not to tell the restaurant,
because they are going to anyway.
And my birthday is only once a year right?
Why shouldn't I smile and enjoy it when random people sing to me?

We went to Kohls directly after Olive Garden
because I wanted to get this headband
that I saw on the Cardigan Empire blog.


Five bucks.
Awesome. Couldn't pass it up.
And remember, my birthday, so why should I?

I took the kids potty 3, yes 3 times while we were in Kohls.
After the second bathroom trip
I couldn't find Kenna.
Holly dragged her up to me
and said "Happy Birthday to you,"
"Kenna pooped in her panties."
Well, according to Kenna, "the poops just fell out"
But regardless, this put a damper on the celebratory mood.
Kenna refused to walk, because,
"the poops would fall out on her shoes"
and she refused to sit, because,
"the poops would squish on her bum"
I refused to carry her
because I didn't want the poops squished on my shirt.


This was her solution.
She held herself up in the stroller so that her bum didn't touch.
And when her arms got tired,


She switched to this. Side sitting.
That was not a nice thing to do to her mother on her birthday.


When we got home Holly made me this
ROCKIN' Fruit Pizza
for my Birthday Cake.
It tasted just as awesome as it looked.
Yep, it was delicious.
Thank you to everyone that came over and hung out.
I had a great day,
well,minus the poop,
It was a great day.

11 comments:

philip+anne said...

you look so much like rachel in your first pic!

Ruthykins said...

that's awesome! it reminds me of when my nephew went up to my mom at the store and said "Gram, I have a problem"...

Caitlin said...

I still can't believe she pooped after you took to the potty 3 times, because I took her and all of the kids to the potty 2 times at lunch! It was a fun day though. Hope you had a Happy Birthday!

BBB said...

The questions is, did she learn to hold in the poops til she gets to the toilet?

ambyr said...

happy birthday girl!!! I'm SOOOO happy and SOOO wish I was there when I saw a pic of the MOST DELICIOUS CAKE EVER from olive garden...you deserve it!!!!!

Cami said...

Looks like you had a great bday, except for the pooping incident. That really sucks, but maybe she will learn that poop in her pants is not fun! Plus I love your new hutch. Did it come with the cute yellow cabinet thing too, cause I heart that! Oh and i work this wed so no toddler gym for me:(

Cami said...

Looks like you had a great bday, except for the pooping incident. That really sucks, but maybe she will learn that poop in her pants is not fun! Plus I love your new hutch. Did it come with the cute yellow cabinet thing too, cause I heart that! Oh and i work this wed so no toddler gym for me:(

Cami said...

Oh yeah not sure why that posted twice....

Brittany and Johnse said...

Happy Bday Andi!!!! Looks like you had a ton of fun (minus the poop)!

Megan and Adam said...

Hey Andi thanks for you comment on my blog. I like keeping up with your family as well. Happy belated birthday as well. I can't believe we are all married and most of us have kids. I don't feel old enough to have 2 kids, it's crazy. Anyways keep in touch.

Kristi said...

Hey beautiful girl! I'm so glad you had such a happy birthday! I love love love the headband. And it warms my heart that you got your black tie mousse cake on your birthday. And, holy cow, I love your new hutch! And it so true, Holly always delivers. The red glass is amazing! In answer to your question, there are no birthday pics because I have a long camera story which is ALMOST done (I have the company on speed dial, I'm sure they love me over there). But rest assured I got all dolled up, went out to lunch with kids friends and friends' kids, got an Ipod from Byron and snuggled with Byron on the couch for the two hour finale of Battle Star Galatica. Ahh, what a great birthday. I love being 29 already. :)